Frequent urination and slight cramps. Had periods light discharge. What could be the problem?

hi about 4 days before my periods i had slight but consistent cramps and very frequent urination at times 20 minutes apart. on the day my day teriods came it was not the normal it was just light red and more of a few drops. during an entire day the pad will have one spot. the urination is still frequent but of a longer time span about an hour. there is slight cramping after urinating for a few minutes. what can be the problem has never happen before.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012