Frequent urination. Pink and red discharge. Had UTI. Is it the same case again?

Hi, I have the urge to go pee alot. I would go but very little would come out and a small discharge of pinkish red blood comes out when i wipe. when i get out of the bathroom it seems like i have to go back and do it again and it s the same thing. a week ago i had a UTI , it still hurts when i pee just that little. is this still the UTI? or is it something else?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
UTI and now have urege to pass urine very frequently.

This is most likely to be due to unresolved UTI.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.