Frequent urination. History of diabetes. Tested lower potassium and higher uric acid. Suggestion?

Hi. I m 24 and I m a Diabetic. Diagnosed 2 years ago, it is a form of diabetes called MODY (Maturity Onset Diabetes on the young). I m on Metformin 1000mg daily. I got my HBA1C and kidney function test 30 days ago and everything is fine except for slightly lower potassium levels and slightly higher uric acid levels. HBA1C was 5.3%. Well just 2 days ago I began to feel sudden, urgent need to urinate, frequently. The head of the penis will sting if i don t pee. Everytime I pee, the volume is very little. No pain or discomfort during peeing, but after peeing the stinging sensation would still be there. I have not had any sex in the past 5 years. And my mouth feels bitter after meals.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012