Frequent urge to urinate, burning sensation, muscle pain at vaginal area. Urine and culture showed pus cells and Ecoli. Treatment?

Hi Sir, My wife is having following symptoms from last five days: * burning sensation while passing urine * muscle pain at vaginal area * and she is feeling to pass the urine urge She had sever UTI 3years back, and again occurred now also, this time so far not that much sever. at that time treated with imipenem cilastatin antibiotic. we have given urine sample for Routine exam and Culture Urine Routine exam result is : pus cell: 6-8 Culture result: E Coli : with colony count 10^5 part of culture report almost 15 antibiotics are senstive: Ampicillin , Cefuroxime , Impenem, Ofloxacin, Norfloxacin , Ciprofloxacin, amikacin .. so many others are there, out of them most of them are injections and very costly our gynecologist prescribed to use Monocef O 200mg for 5days. considering her past history and present situation, could you please give us valuable suggestions hat are the precautions do we need to take, what are the reasons for re-occurring UTI for her. and one more thing I would like to know, do I need to use along with her
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012