Frequent urge to urinate after drinking tea or soft drinks. Due to underlying kidney condition?

Dear Doctor, Just wondering why that I have to urinate so often? I am a 62 year old male. As soon as I have a cup of tea or soft drink, I feel that I have to urinate it within 20 minutes or less. This problem has been occurring since i have been a teenager. Have I got a kidney problem? Please advise me. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response
few of the questions you need to answer like-how many times do you get up in night to pass urine.
Do you have to strain while urinating, stream of urine.?
You should do some basic tests to find out if kidney problem exists like urine routine, RFT. Blood sugar, ultrasonography.
You may be required to do some special tests like Urine/ serum osmolarity
The test results may give some clue... consult your doctor..