Frequent urge for urination, burning and stinging while urination. Not responding to Cipro. Is this due to infection?

I Have had a burning and frequent urge to urinate, just recently have had trouble starting urine stream and now the burn is more like a sting and also has made my penis numb I don t know weather it s from the pain or if it just getting worst, I went to urologist about a week ago and he prescribed cipro but I don t feel anything getting better, they think it s a urethra infection but they don t know for sure, I am very worried being that they don t know what s causing these symptoms is there any test that can help me find out what s going on or at least know what it is that I have if it s an infection or virus???
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012