Frequent throat infections, perfume allergy. Any reasons ?

I am 28 yr old male. i usually get throat infections very often and take antibiotics ( cefakind, pulmocef or clavam etc. ) as per doctor advice. Also i have high odour perfume allergy , whenever i smell high odour perfume, immediately my food pipe shrinks, so i usually need to take hot water to make the food pipe expand. Always feel there is something near my throat. Also when i drink water, some times i can feel the water goes down very slowly. I can feel the water from the mouth takes one or two seconds to travel the pipe. What could be the reason, can you pls let me know what are the next steps i should do
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, best way to avoid problems of allergy is to avoid exposure to the allergen and in your case it is a known allergen and you can easily avoid it. Otherwise nasobronchial allergy does not affect food pipe and it is a feeling which you are having. Please get you haemoglobin estimation done as anemia is a common cause of such symptoms. Also during acute episodes, you can take antihistamincs like cetirizine but avoiding exposure is the best option in your case. Regards