Frequent spells of light chest pain, low heart rate, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, occasional irregular heart beat. Cause?

Hi , I keep getting a slight pain in my chest and it feels like my hearts slows down and I get light headed and slightly out of breath !! Also sometimes my heart beats irregular ?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

The symptoms are concerning for an arrhythmia of the heart; some possibilities would include atrial fibrillation with sinus node dysfunction or intermittent heart block. If the symptoms are ongoing on a daily basis, a Holter monitor would aid in the diagnosis, otherwise an event monitor would be the test of choice.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN