Frequent soreness, swelling in throat with white spots. Is there any effective remedy?

Hello, I have been getting sick a lot lately and it all seems to start in my throat . It gets very swollen and sore and it makes it impossible to do my job (I teach). I have had strep or tonsillitis many times in the past year, and I get white spots on my tonsils, some of which never fully go away. I have seen a number of doctors, have had blood work done, and I have seen an allergist . All they offered me was a nose spray since my blood work didn t offer much explanation. I m getting sick every other week it seems and it s not going over well at work. Do I need to see a specialist about possibly getting my tonsils removed (I m 27)? Or is there something else I should look into?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013