Frequent rash outbreak on the lips, genital areas causing severe itching. What could the cause be?

I am a 36 year old male. For the past 3 years, I have experienced a rash once or twice every year. It always occurs in exactly the same places on my body at the same time. It is mostly confined to my lips and genital areas. It is present on most areas of the lip that are exposed to the air when my mouth is closed. There are some larger areas at the corners of my mouth. It is present on some of my scrotum and much of the shaft of my penis . There is also sometimes a quarter-sized patch on my chin . The rash itself is characterized by very small, pin-sized bumps. At least that is what I can feel on my lips. I cannot see bumps in my genital area, just some swelling , puffiness, and redness. My scrotum and penis look very wrinkled when this is happening, which I attribute to swelling. The major symptom of this rash is itching. The itch is TERRIBLE and nothing stops it except Tea Tree or Peppermint Oil. After about 4 or 5 days, the skin on my lips becomes tight and small portions begin to flake off. On my scrotum and penis, the skin begins to flake off as well. Then the itching usually stops and I am fine, but sometimes the whole cycle is repeated twice. The rash does sometimes show up within a day of sexual activity, but sometimes occurs when I have not had sex for awhile. The rash always occurs in the same places and although I haven t had it for nearly a year, I had it 4 time the first year it presented. What do you think it is?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013