Frequent periods, cramping, metallic taste in the mouth. What could be wrong?

I am 33 years old and I have been having my period every two weeks for the last 8 months. My periods have always been quite regular before this and have started approximately 28 days since the last one started most of my adult years. The periods are just as they always have been with mild cramping and they last approx 5 days with a couple of heavier days in the middle. They only abnormal thing about them is that they are every two weeks. In the past 8 months at least if not a few more, I have also noticed that I will frequently bleed after sex. It is not at all painful, but the bleeding will come even when there is no sign of a period. It stops bleeding quite quickly and all goes back to normal. They only other abnormal sign that I have is that I have had a persistent metallic taste in my mouth for the last couple of weeks. I usually get the taste after I drink coffee, and I sometimes drink a lot of it. I have recently been to the dentist and I have no signs of infection or problems with my teeth. I am not sure if the metallic taste is related to the other symptoms or not, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I do not currently have health insurance due to a lack of work, but I will start that insurance again in about a week. I will be going to the doctor, but I just want to know what to expect. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013