Frequent nose bleeding, tastes blood running down throat. Is silver nitrate way more painful than a chemical cauterization?

I have had frequent nose bleeds since I was little. My most recent one took more than 45 minutes to subside. I get them sometimes a couple times a week and others weeks in between but regardless they always come out of no where with no warning, and I can taste the blood running down my throat. I want to look into getting it cauterized and I have heard there are multiple types? The silver nitrate way seems to be more painful than a chemical cauterization? Are the results different depending on the type you do?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012