Frequent mucus in throat. How can I make this go away?

I ve no cough at the moment but I have a frequent throat mucus . It s not so much in amount, but it seems to me it comes frequently and I ve to clear my throat it spit it out. No one in my family and neighbors has this problem and I m a bit embarrassed for being the only person clearing my throat and spiting out my sputum frequently. What a shame! how can I make this thing go away? Just your practical suggestions.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Hi there,
if i was your doctor i will recommend you to take lots of steam inhalations and do saline gargles with luke warm water regularly. it will help u to get rid of the mucus in your throat. you can also try eucalyptus/menthol cough drops to loose the mucus in your throat.
Dr. Ammar.