Frequent menstrual cycles, coming every week, heavy bleeding, cramps, incredible pain. Taken morning after pill. History of heavy irregular periods. Treatment?

im 16 years old nearly 17, and i ve had my periods since year 6 which is 11 years old. My periods have always been heavy and irregular and always had bad cramps but lately ive been getting my periods every other week. I got them on the 15th of june and finished on the 21st, i then had sex on the 26th of june and was then bleeding from the 27th of june until the 3rd of july, i then again had sex on the 4th of july and took the morning after pill on the 5th of july. and ive just recently started bleeding again on the 10th. It is really heavy bleeding more then usual, and the cramps are an incredible pain. what could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremahic.

Common cause for irregular and heavy bleed is hormonal disturbances at your age, which is seen in many teenage girls. Hormonal disturbances needs to be treated and heavy bleeding is a risk for anaemia. Better you consult doctor for examination and get Hb test done.

Repeated use of morning after pill is not recommended.