Frequent extended coughing fits with phlegm with pain in the ribs, stomach, have asthma during URT infection. Taking augmentin forte, ventolin and Qvar steroid inhaler. Can I take Benadryl Chesty Coughs?

hi i am currently on augmentin duo forte and rulide to clear up an upper respiratory bacterial (most likely strep bacteria/s)infection. Whilst the mucuous has improved from a dark green , to now a light yellow/clear/ cloudy mucous - my cough is still hacking away badly, especially at night.i nearly gagged earlier this evening and afterward had a hot shower to settle things down. I get asthma when i have respiratory infections, so i am also on ventolin and Qvar steroid inhaler (100mcg). There s not alot of phlegm coming up when i m coughing, but just enough for me to get that catching feeling, followed my sometimes extended coughing fits which produce a small to moderate amount of phlegm(which gives me some temporary relief, until I need to go again, which is frequent at the moment. it s exhausting. my stomach and ribs are very sore. I ve been ill for over a week now, so I really feel i need some proper sleep tonight. my question is, can i take Benadryl Chhesty Coughs (the one with the expectorant component to it)as well ? i feel it may help get what s left along my airways, up and out of my body.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012