Frequent episodes of suddenly waking up from sleep, gray and breathless. Had a pacemaker fitted. Problem persists. History of people dieing on sleep. Can you advice on this issue?

I am writing on here as a last ditched attempt to find my mother help it started about 11yrs ago when she woke me from my sleep grey,struggling to breath and holding her chest she was imediately rushed into hospital where her symtoms disappeared and did so for years until she became tired all the time, stopping for naps on the roadside in work.then last year another episode rared its ugly head and she was admitted once again only to find the doctors telling her that it was all in her head, she has an irregular heartbeat and stress seemed to be the cause. shes had a few episodes since and had a reveal devise fitted which showed slight abnormalities,then another attack occured so she was fitted with a pacemaker. my mums 47yrs old and very fit and healthy they told her to stop the gym and, relax more but since the pacemaker my mums ill she looks grey all the time and currently on holiday in scotland for her birthday (today) and has been rushed into hospital again. the pace maker is supposed to make her life better but to me its keeping a half dead woman alive. i hate to see her like this and im fed up of her being passed around pillar to post from stress to mental problems. there is a pattern my grandfather died in 2000 when he went to sleep and his heart stopped. the same with his mother this cant be coincidence surely?. im worried for my brothers and sisters and there children. any advise or helpful information would be gratefully excepted. thankyou keli
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012