Frequent episodes of dizzy spells, loss of balance, double vision, slurred speech

Hi, driving home tonight, I started seeing double, slurred speech , And very dizzy. I had to pull over an when I rang my friend I could not speak. This episode lasted about 10 minutes an then I was fine. I have been having really bad dizzy spells for weeks now even losing my balance everytime. Please help! Fran
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

You have symptoms like seeing doubles, slurring of speech, dizziness etc. These symptoms are occurring in episodic manner and usually last for about 10 minutes. You have symptoms of loss of balance also. Such type of symptoms commonly seen in some form of anxiety or also due to seizure. Seizure should be ruled out with proper history and imaging modalities. Once anxiety is discovered then we can give treatment of anxiety like SSRIs and SNRI medicines.

Non medicinal treatment like Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercises, Breathing Exercises help in quick recovery.