Frequent discomfort in knees and shoulders. Lasting side effects of taking dolonex DT in such situations?

Normally a health person I am at 60. RA factor is regularly checked besides other check. Six months back had undergone an Ayurvedic oil based treatment for about two weeks followed by rest. Basically rejunevating course. I do get bit of discomfort in the knees and shoulders. Take a course of Dolonex DT [prescribed by a Doctor friend couple of months back once]. The frequency of the discomfort appearing is may be in two months or so. Is there any lasting side effects in taking DolonexDT in such situation ?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

The symptoms you have are due to osteoarthritic changes. These are basically age related degenerative changes and is characterized by joint pain and stiffness. Upon movement the stiffness gradually relives. Sometimes application of hot pads can make the movement possible.
The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
Dolonex DT is an antiinflammatory and having no such long lasting side effects.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.