Frequent diarrhea like stools throughout the day. What could be wrong?

t s getting annoying. First thing I do when I get up is take a poop. Then after I eat breakfast I shit again. Go to the gym, and after five minutes on the treadmill or elliptical I have to poop. After eating any significant meal I have to poop On top of all this there s often a random poop at some point during the day. It is diaherea, usually what could cause this i have been doing this for over 2 years now. Is there something wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Hi, many thanks for the query!
A "strong gastro-colic reflex" is responsible for this frequent motion after eating, gym or at abnormal times in day.
Well, we should do a "stool microscopy & culture" to rule out infective etiology (which is less likely as symptoms are since 2 years).
Nothing much to worry about,
Strong gastro-colic reflex is quite common entity in many individuals & its not an abnormal thing. All you need to do is to train your bowel for good habits viz. hold on your motion / control your urge for defaecation at abnormal times & go for it in morning & evening at fixed times.
Eat high-fibre diet, green leafy vegetables, do meditation & yoga regularly.
Wish you a good health. Take care.