Frequent coughing fits and cold with tiredness, red eyes, running nose and headache. Social drinking and smoking habit. Suggestion?

I suffer from frequent coughing fits and colds. The cough will sometimes be dry and sometimes bring up phlegm . Other symptoms include, tiredness, red eyes, running nose and headaches . It should be noted that I am a social smoker and often binge drink. I have gone to doctors before about the coughing and have done xrays and blood test but they have not picked up anything.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012