Frequent cold, flu, chest infection, blood stains on coughing or blowing the nose, advised flu jab. Effective?

hello for the past few years i have been getting constant colds and flu throughout the year and it feels like a chest infection all the time. I have been to my g.p several times but he said its nothing and just gives me a prescription which is not very helpful. He also suggested i should get a flu jab, how is that going to solve the matter? I am very concerned because sometimes when i cough or blow my nose i get blood stains what does that mean?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012