Frequent burps with rotten smell, watery stools, stomach pain. Tests showed hernia. What besides GI can be done?

YES HI, 1-3 TIMES A YR I GET THESE REALLY BAD SYMPTOMS OF ROTTEN EGG SMELL BURPS AND REALLY BAD STOMACH PAIN FOLLOWED BY WATERY STOOL THIS YEAR IVE GOTTEN IT MORE OFTEN AND I DECIDED TO TRY METAMUCIL TO FLUSH ME OUT AND IT SEEMED TO WORK, BUT IT CAME BACK AGAIN LAST WEEK AND LASTED 3-4 DAYS. IVE BEEN DOING THE METAMUCIL FOLLOWED BY A PROBIOTIC 10 AND ON THE 4TH DAY I RELIEVED MYSELF AND MY STOOL LOOKED NORMAL BUT WAS SMOKING WHICH GAVE OFF THE ROTTEN EGG SMELL IT WAS BAD I FELT MUCH BETTER AFTER THAT. LAST NIGHT THE SYMPTOMS CAME BACK SO I DECIDED TO GO TO THE ER WHILE THE SYMPTOMS ARE HERE. THEY TOOK BLOOD AND X RAYS AND EVERYTHING CAME BACK NORMAL THEY COULDNT HELP ME AND THEY ALSO STATED THAT I HAVE A HERNIA WHICH I NEVER NEW ABOUT.. I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO BESIDES GOING TO A GI.. PLEASE PLEASE HELP
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012