Frequent burning on the outside of vagina or urethra, have UTI. Worn a tampon. Suggest?

I m a 55 yr old woman and I have frequent burning on the outside of my vagina or urethea. It burns so bad I m not sure what s actually burning. I often gets UTIs because I dread urinating so I hold it for hours on end. Lately I ve worn a tampon and it will help for a day or two but the burning will start again. I ve been to several Urologist and they have dilated my urethea and within a week or two I have the same pain.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012