Frequent bowel movements, watery diarrhea. Taking O2 medicine, black stools. History of hernia. Treatment?

I am 42 year old maleand I was passing stool on frequent basis from last two or three days, some times it was in okay form and sometime like a water, I had to go to toilet 7-8 times in a day, Doctor prescribed me o2 medicine and after two days on medication my condition become better but now from last two days I am passing black stool,I am still on o2 medication , I also have a incestional hernia in stomach which occured due to gall stone operation.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Jan 2013
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence/ epigastric pain/ fever/ hemetemesis?
Your symptoms suggest that you are suffering from acute gastroenteritis.
And improvement after taking O2 suggest the same.
But presence of black color stool is not a good sign.
Black color stool may be due to medicines, persistent constipation and bleeding from UGI tract.
You should consult with physician and gastro-physician and should go for endoscopy.
You should continue your prescribed medicines along with proton pump inhibitors.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava