Frequent bleeding, getting blood clots. How can it be stopped?

I am 38 years of age and for the last 13 weeks l have been bleeding more frequently. Somtimes, it is a bit of blood , sometimes it is light and a lot of the times l bleed very very heavy, and l see a lot of blood clots. Out of 13 weeks l have had 18 days every now and then when l have not been bleeding. Is there any medication i can take over the counter that can stop the bleeding? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
You need complete gyneaic check up. Cerviicitis fibroid are to be ruled out. Hormone level at different time to be assesed. An ultrasound lower abdomen can be taken. Afte examination and obtaining the report treatment can be advised.