Frequent ankle popping since ankle sprain, sharp pricking sensation in a particular spot. Recovery time?

Hi Dr. Siegel. I sprained my ankkle on Thanksgiving Day, and when I fell I heard and felt a pop behind the ankle bone. I ve been using crutches and a cane, and can put some weight on it. Alot of the swelling has gone down, but the last few days, I don t know if I ve over done it or what (It s my right ankle, but I do have to drive the kids to and from school, just a couple miles, and I have been putting some weight on it at home), but the ankle joint has popped a few times and in that one spot (where it popped originally) I get a sharp pricking sensation at times and now it s hard to get comfortable, no matter which way I try to turn it or prop it up. There is still some pain in it too. I was wondering what your opinion was because I don t have any insurance and can t afford an x-ray at the moment. Also, how long does it normally take a sprain to heal?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012