Frequent ammonia smell when breathing, stage four of chronic kidney failure. Advise?

i have chronic kidney failure and am currently at stage 4, and expecting to soon need dialysis or hopefully a transplant. My question relates to an amonia smell I get evey now and again. I had it a phew months back but only when breathing hard, my consultant said at the time that he didnt think I should be noticing that given my stage of failure. Past couple of days have noticed it again but only when breathing normally this time? Do you think I should be raising this with my consultant at this time or wait til my next scheduled appointment in mid May 2013?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013