Frequent abdominal bloating and lump in back throat, taking probiotics. Are these symptoms connected?

Hi Doctor, I have had months of periodic abdominal bloating and discomfort along with this feeling of a lump in the back of my throat. Some days I have no gas or pain. I have also had periods of constipation. I have been to see a GI doc twice so far. Ultrasounds show no signs of gall bladder or liver problems. And I don t have symptoms of heartburn or acid reflux like some other people. I ve been taking a probiotic for 7 weeks with no real change in symptoms. I think my bowels are out of whack and I m trying to get that cured. But the lump-like feeling in the back of my throat has me concerned. Do you think the symptoms are connected?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013