Frequent UTIs after kidney removal. Tingling sensation due to non-closure of ureter. Further tests to be done?

My girlfriend had a duplicate kidney removed about 2 years ago. She frequently gets utis and has recently in the last month had 3. She gets antibiotics and issue goes way. Ten about 10-15 days later it occurs again. She notes this by noticing a tingling sensation beginning in her vagina wich quickly leads to pain and overall discomfort. Her URologist has thought it at be due to her ureter from the dupulcate kidney was not properly closed and has caused a breeding ground for bacteria.- thus evading to her uti. The problem is she does not always test positive for a uti. She will be following up with her urologist again soon but I was wondering if there might be some additional tests se shod ask to be done?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012