Freezing cold, shaking uncontrollably at night, body tightened, suffocates. Cure?

Twice within the past few months I have awakened during the night freezing cold and shaking uncontrollably. I have to put on a robe over my pajamas, heavy socks and gloves. My hands hurt because they are so cold. My whole body tightens up and I keep shaking for two or three hours. When I take my temperature it is always 99.6. My normal temperature is 97. At some point I fall asleep and wake up several hours later suffocating from all the clothing and covers. The next day I am not sick but all my muscles are sore from all the shivering and tenseness from the previous night. What could cause this?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013