Fractured wrist. Had the cast removed. Can I participate in competitive races?

Hi I am a seventeen year old triathlete and yesterday I fractured my wrist falling off my bike. I have to wear a cast now for four weeks which as you can imagine for me is really frustrating as I can t do as much training as I normally would. The doctors gave me a waterproof cast so I can still do my swim training and they said I can cycle on a stationary bike. What I am really worried about though is if I am going to lose lots of fitness in the month I am in a cast as I can t do as much training and when I have the cast removed will it take me ages to gain the strength back in my arm as I have a qualifying race for worlds two weeks after I am supposed to get the cast removed and then nationals a month after. Will I be ok to race these? I have worked hard to get to where I am with my fitness at the moment and I really don t want to lose it.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012