Fractured jaw while removing lower left wisdom tooth, still swollen and tender to touch. How long does it take to reduce ?

i got a fractured jaw while my dentist removed my lower left wisdom tooth . it happened 6 weeks ago today and im due to go back to work tomorrow. im an early childhood teacher and work with under twos. my jaw is still swollen and tender to touch. the dental surgons did not wired my month closed or operate as it was fully broken. it is normal to have swelling still and when i bite down im biting my left cheek is this normal too? i concerned i may make the injury worse if i go back to work
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013