Fractured foot, lower leg cast, muscle cramps in foot, treatment ?

My husband broke a bone in his foot and now has a lower leg cast. He has been experiencing some muscle cramping in his foot/ calf which is disrupting his sleep. is there anything we can do to help this? (Stretches, supplements etc)
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Sometimes cramping of muscles is caused by an electrolyte imbalance. Potassium may help relieve some types of cramping. Bananas are a good source of potassium. If cramping continues, see your family physician for some prescription medication for cramping.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly