Fractured bone in left hand. Put in splint, still unable to close hands. Sprained?

I fractured a bone in my left hand . I went to Care Now and they took X-ray . The doctor said I cracked a bone and put my hand/ arm in a splint . He said to wear it for 4-6 weeks and gave me pain meds. It has been 6 weeks today and my hand is still swollen a little. I cannot close my hand to make a fist. My hand shakes a little when I try to use it. It has always hurt all the way up my wrist and arm. Is it possible that I could have sprained it also? How long should it take before I can use my hand like normal?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012