Four year old suffering from loss of appetite,fever,ear ache and humid cough

My four year old has been sick for over three weeks, it started with a high fever , vomiting, and ear ache. I had called her doctor and got the on call doctor who said to keep an eye on her. She has days she feels better but goes right back to sleeping most of the day and laying down most of the day. She has no real appetite and her fever comes and goes. She does not complain when urinating and has a humid cough. She is still complaining of an ear ache, but because of her on and off symptoms we did not take her in to see the doctor. What can it be?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011