Found ulcers in the ileum. Tested negative for ibs. Have pain and bowel problem. Will benefiber cure? What should I do?

i had a colonostopy and they found ulcers in th Ileum. The biopsy came back negative for ibs . The doc at first thought it was chrones disease but when I asked the person who called with my results they said that chrones was a type of ibs and i am negative for ibs. I asked about a follow up and they said none was needed. I still have paines in that area and bowel problems. A previous doc said I had an overactive stomach and suggested benefiber and aloe gold to help (this was prior to the colonstopy). Will this help or what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012