Found out to be pregnant. Had sex with different partners. Who is the father?

Hi. I have a question. My menstural periods are seven days long and come every 26 days. My last one was irregular. I slept with my ex a couple of times exactly a week after my period. For a few days. Then a week later, i slept with my new boyfriend. Only once and not since with either. I just found out im pregnant. How do I know who the father is? I dont want to hurt either one by mistaking who the father is.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012

Welcome to HCM,

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

In a regular cycle of 28 days, ovulation occurs on 14th day. Ovum takes time while coming down through oviduct.

As duration of your menstrual cycle is 26 days, ovulation is expected to occur on or around 12th day.

You have not mentioned for how many days you slept with your ex, a week after your period?

As your period lasts for seven days, and a week after your period means 14 days from first day of period, thus you can become pregnant due to sex with your ex.

Chances of pregnancy due to sex, 21 days after first day of period, with new boy friend are very very poor.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, you can submit those with Healthcaremagic as well.

With good wishes,