Found a horizontal dent down the baby's head. Can it cause fussiness?

Today I found a horizontal dent about 2-3 inches down the side of my baby s head and ending right above her right ear. It doesn t seem to bother her when I felt it. But you can see it from a distance. She s been very fussy and groggy the last two days but i don t know that it s related. I know it s not her soft spot given it s location and it s recent appearance. Does she need to see her pediatrician ?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Hi, Breepetty,
Thanks for query.
you have not mention her age.
In infant this type of dent is common as there is no fusion of skull bones.
It can be well noticed if there is dehydration.
This is normal but it is safe to consult pediatrician and get her examined.
Ok and bye.