Foul smelling vaginal discharge, right sided stomach pain. Urine test shows slightly turbid straw. Treatment?

HI DOCTOR, my name is XXXXX and i am 25 years old. Please i just conducted a urine test and HVS test but the result yielded no growth in bacteria but the urine test showed slightly turbid straw. and recently my discharge smells and i feel pains on the right side of my stomach . please what could be the cause and what can i do to treat it. thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you have a vaginal infection or pelvic inflammatory disease. Pelvic inflammatory disease is infection that can involve the uterus, tubes and other reproductive organs. It can cause pain, discharge. Some persons may experience other symptoms such as fever, pain on urination and painful intercourse.
It is diagnosed by history and examination of your abdomnen as well as a vaginal examination.

Treatment is a course of antibiotics.

You should consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

i hope this helps

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Smelly discharge means that there is vaginal infection.These vaginal infections could be because of various types of infection like bacterial vaginitis,Trichomoniasis,yeast infection or even gonorrhoea if one is sexually active.Sometimes a pelvic inflammatory disease can also result in a smelly vaginal discharge.
Since treatment of all these infections are different,you must consult a Gynecologist to get yourself physically examined along with relevant investigations,if required.
Once the cause is found,an appropriate treatment can be instituted.