Foul smell from the penis after eating fish. What is this?

I am a 55yr old man and for many years I have had the following problem -
Each time I consume a fish product, even one lone prawn, about 8 hrs later the head of my penis smells strongly of fish. The larger the portion of fish the stronger the smell.
This can last up to 3 days and despite regular washing the smell remains.
If I avoid fish the smell does not come back.
During a visit to my GP today for another problem, I mentioned this briefly as I was leaving but he said he had never heard of this.
Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. It might be rare but it seems like you are having an unusual reaction to eating fish. If this does not go away with medications, i.e. anti allergy medications you might have to give up eating fish, if that is not asking for too much. I also think that it might be a good idea to consult an alternative medicine specialist like ayurveda doctor. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!