Foul smell from hair, scalp redness, pus discharge after incorporating new hairstyle. Treatment?

Hey! My name is Terri. Lately, my boyfriend told me that my hair smells bad. I had 2 take down my hairstyle. It was hair glued 2 a cap. Now my scalp is red, tender, damaged, & have pus coming out every second. When I took down my hair, my friend had put mayo in my hair & let it sit for 30 mins. Now I have to re wash my hair. What can I do to help this puss to stop?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
The smell coming from the hair is due to scalp infection.
Even though summer boil is more common in summer it may occur in winter also.
I told summer boil only as an example. There are lot of other reasons for scalp infection
To find out the probable cause and treatment consult a Dermotologist.
Best Wishes