Foul smell during menstruation. Irregular periods with clotting. Reason?

I have a foul odor during my menstration. Sometimes it s there just prior to starting and just following but is not there that I can tell when I m not menstrating. Also my cycles are becoming irregular when I ve always been regular and I have a watery flow even when my cycle is heavy with clotting. To me that seems to be when the odor is strongest.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Hope this message finds u in good health.
I have gone through ur msg and understand your concern.

it may be due to some sort of hormonal imbalances or variations in the body,though there may be other reasons as well

Nothing to worry about, You should eventually get back to normal.

Take multi vitamin and calcium supplements
Do consult a gynecologist if symptoms worsen

Get back to me for any FOLLOW UP QUERIES anytime.

Regards,Dr Mahaveer Patil...(MBBS,MS,Mch)