Foul odour in belly button, had multiple surgeries which required portal through belly. Cause for the odour?

Hello Dr. I have had multiple surgeries in thevpast that have required a portal through my belly button. It s been 7 years since my last. Just this weekend while on vacation I noticed a foul odor coming from my belly button and soreness. I cleaned it thoroughly and put a triple antibiotic in, now it seemd to be seeping. What could cause this? Iclean and shower everday, but I m also noticing my heart has been racing a lot since ive been on vacation. Any correlation? Thanks for your input in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Foul odor coming from your port may be suggestive of local infection. Site and extent of infection needs to be investigated. Racing of heart can also occur because of this infection. You should contact your surgeon if your complaint is not responding to local measures without wasting much time.