Foul odor from vagina. Have mirena IUD. Vaginal discharge. Causes?

For the past couple of days I have been having this weird odor and I do not want to say it is a fishy smell, but sometimes that is what it smells like. It is only after it is in my panties does it smell. My vagina doesn t smell and there are no other symptoms. I have been having normal discharge , but every once in a while it will be a little cloudy, but that is once a day or once in 2 days. I am not sure what it is. I had the Mirena IUD put in in October and I am not sure what to do. I haven t had sex in about a week, and it just recently started. Also this is about the time I would be cycling so I should either start soon or not have it at all because the IUD inhibits your period (my doctors words not mine). Any advice as to what it could be or what I should do? I just find it odd the only the discharge smells, there are no other symptoms, and the discharge only has a different color to it every once in a while.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013