Formula fed infant with viral infection, brownish yellow watery stools. Reason?

Hi,my baby is 5 weeks old and exclusively formula fed.she has had a viral infection for a couple of weeks now which has been checked by the doctor and he says it will clear soon and there is nothing to worry about. For the past couple of weeks she has been having quite watery stools but I haven t worried too much as she only goes once a day anyway.however yesterday evening she started going after every feed (3 hourly),I have heard this can be normal and so tried not to worry but then late last night she became very irritable and had a stool that was almost completely water.after this she seemed to feel happier and even though she didnt want to be put down she did sleep.she hasn t passed stool since (now 4pm)and seems to be getting back to her old self but I m still worried about the watery stool and wonder if its normal for a formula fed baby.the colour is brownish yellow and sort of seedy but mostly watery.please help
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013