Forgetting things in quick period of time. No concentration at work. Doesn't take any topic seriously. Suggested meditation and yoga. Surrounding not permitting. Any treatment?

Hello Doctor How are you? I am venkatesh from hyderabad . my wife name is siji and she is staying now in trivandrum. My wife was born and brought up at trivandrum her age is 23. she is degree holder and presently she is doing through distance education we get married on dec 2010.i am having one son. Problem with my wife is 1. she used to forget the conversation that we had within quick period of time. 2. she won t do any work with concentration. 3. suppose if i am talking to her seriously with any topic . she will spoke irrelevant to the topic it gets really frustrating . 4. Most of the times she used to hear some gossips near by her home and she won t think what is the real fact about the issue and she always used to blame neighbours and thinks in pessimistic manner. 5. suppose if somebody is giving suggestion about what needs to be done with my baby. she will not take those suggestion in a right way and instead of that she will think i know what has to be done for my baby . Still the issues are keeps on going and i have suggested her to do the meditation and yoga but her surrounding atmosphere at her home are not allowing to do the further things. Please any suggestions i am really worried a lot about my wife what else i can do? Thanks Venkatesh 0000
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear Venkatesh,
We cannot change the nature/behavior of a person, you may not be always right and your wife not be always wrong. My suggestion to you is sit together listen to her spend some valuable time and be open to accept comments/compliments, try your best not to argue even if she is wrong you may put forward your opinion- bring her into confidence.
You may start her on Saraswataristha (ayurvedic formulation) for memory and concentration, it will also keep her calm.

Best wishes,