Forgetfulness. Trouble remebering names, faces. Solution for bad memory problems?

Hello, my name is Vanessa Cruz, and I m 17 years old. I wanted to ask if there is a reason for my bad memory . It s gotten worse over the years. I have a lot off trouble remembering the past 17 years of my life, or all the experiences that I ve had. I m always misplacing things, constantly! And I have trouble remembering names, even if I just met them a few minutes ago. I forget faces after a while, even if I ve seen them varies of times. I also forget things that people tell me even if it was a few minutes ago. I m scared that it might be something serious, or just a normal thing. Please help! Thankyou.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Hi there, thanks for asking. Since it has been present for many years, it could be related to attention deficit hyperactivity problem. It could also be related to delayed phase sleep problem (if you are not able to fall asleep until some hours after midnight). Sometimes it may back to dysthymia if you have been in low mood for many years, although it is not common before 18 years old. The most common issue that can cause it is ADD (attention deficit problem). You can ask your doctor to see if you have such an issue. It is easily manageable. Best wishes.

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given it appears that you are probably having depression episode.
You should consult your psychiatrist who would like to evaluate in detail and probably start you on some antidepressants. he may also like to conduct a few Cognitive behavioral therapy sessions for you.
Meanwhile you can start doing regular exercise and also engage yourself in some hobbies.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.