Forgetfullness, repeats the same thing, misplaces things, sleepy all the time, low self esteem. Reason?

hi, i dont know what to do in this situtation. my mother is 57 years old and she is always forgetting, repeating herself constantely, misplacing things, sleeps all the time no motivation and low self esteem/depressed. an example of things my mother does.. throws garbage in the sink instead of the garbage. constantly and she doesnt know she did it. when i bring anything up concerning this she gets very aggressive and says its me not her. and i dont know how to approach a doctor for this situation.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013