Foreskin had cuts, urethra is reddening. Had oral sex. Related?

Hello, roughly 6 months ago I had painful cuts on my foreskin and difficulty retracting my foreskin. I went to the Sexual health clinic and they said it was likely herpes , I had a swab and blood test and everything came back negative. I routinely have unprotected sex with my girlfriend (whom I lost my virginity to) and on two more occassions I have had penile irritation which have been diagnosed as simple thrush combined with mild phimosis ( a condition my father had). About a week ago I had a small rash after sex with my girlfriend, I went to a clinic and it was diagnosed as thrush. I now have reddening at the tip of my urethra , a burning sensation (although not when I urinate) and some aching of the joints. I have received oral sex only once prior to my current relationship and it was unprotected, I contacted the other person involved at the begining of this ordeal and they said they have never had any signs of herpes and when they visited a clinic no signs were found. My mental state is utterly horrendous at the moment and has been for some months, I am terrified that this is herpes. The worry is ruining my relationship and my everyday life, please help me to shed some light on this.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012