Forehead and nose injured, swelling, headaches. Taken painkillers. Worry?

I hit my forehead when closing a large boot door, on a Mercedez Viano people carrier. I pulled the boot down with much force, as it is hard to shut, and it hit my forehead and nose on the way down. I had a small cut to my forehead, and a deep cut to the bridge of my nose. The cut on my forehead stopped very soon after, the cut to my nose took a little longer. I had a very large bump come up on my forehead almost immediatly, and my hands were shaking, but think this was just the shock. The shaking stopped about 20mins after, I immediatly applied ice, but the swelling did not go down at all on my forehead. Approx 1 hour after the incident, I got a headache , but this was relieved after taking painkillers. The next day the swelling had gone down slightly, but since then the swelling has not gone down anymore. Today is 2 days from the incident, it happend about midday on Monday, and the swelling is just the same, I have a dull headache, which feels like it is behind my eyes. There is no bruising showing on the bump at all, it is just swollen, and very sore to touch.Do I need to worry ?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry regarding your symptoms. These suggest bleeding in the superficial tissues and hematoma (bleeding underneath the skin). This would resolve on its own in a week or 10 days. You may take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac to relieve the pain.

If you do not improve, then a CT scan of the brain may be done to exclude any internal brain injury.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist